- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two actors took the stage for “Stronger” from the Diane Paulus-directed show based on the 2004 film, complete with Grammer in full Captain Hook garb.
The pop-skewing adaptation stars Morrison as Peter Pan playwright J.M. Barrie, who conjures up the beloved story after getting to know a mother (Laura Michelle Kelly) and her four sons. Barrie then works on the idea with his producer while grappling with his inner creativity’s dark side — both played by Grammer. The production did not receive any Tony nominations.
Hosted by Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming, the Broadway-lauding awards show also included a 10th-anniversary celebration of Jersey Boys as well as performances by the casts of Gigi, On the Twentieth Century, Something Rotten!, The Visit, It Shoulda Been You, The King and I, An American in Paris, Fun Home and On the Town.
The broadcast — presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing — aired live on CBS from Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day