- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joined by co-star Peter Gallagher and the rest of the cast, Chenoweth performed “Life Is Like a Train,” “On the 20th Century,” “I’ve Got It All” and “Babette” from the Scott Ellis-directed production, which nabbed five nominations.
Chenoweth hit all the high notes from the 1932-set musical farce. The performance kicked off with a team of tap-dancing bellhops, and a later highlight involved a dance number with trays of champagne flutes.
Hosted by Chenoweth and Alan Cumming, the Broadway-lauding awards show also included a 10th-anniversary celebration of Jersey Boys as well as performances by the casts of Gigi, Finding Neverland, The King and I, Something Rotten!, The Visit, It Shoulda Been You, An American in Paris, Fun Home and On the Town.
The broadcast — presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing — aired live on CBS from Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day