- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in May 9 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
1. UCLA SCHOOL OF LAW
Los Angeles 19 Alums
Being near Hollywood has advantages, like event keynote speeches by big shots such as Harvey Weinstein.
2. USC SCHOOL OF LAW
Los Angeles 16 Alums
Its Media & Entertainment program expanded to include courses in digital transactions.
3. HARVARD LAW SCHOOL
Cambridge, Mass. 10 Alums
Runs a legal clinic for musicians, giving entertainment law students hands-on work.
4. UC BERKELEY SCHOOL OF LAW
Berkeley, Calif. 9 Alums
Its tech-savvy curriculum also includes the Journal of Entertainment and Sports Law.
5. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
New York 5 Alums
Its Kernochan Center for Law, Media and the Arts hosts killer media events, like one this March on the Aereo case.
6. BROOKLYN LAW SCHOOL
Brooklyn, N.Y. 4 Alums
Its Entertainment Law Workshop is among the finest in the nation — plus, it’s near the Barclays Center.
7. GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER
Washington, D.C. 4 Alums
An extensive internship program puts students face-to-face with industry execs.
8. SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Los Angeles 4 Alums
No fewer than 50 media courses, including one on video game law. THR‘s Raising the Bar honoree, Lionsgate’s Wayne Levin, is an alum.
9. LOYOLA LAW SCHOOL
Los Angeles 3 Alums
Its just-launched Fashion Law Project presumably teaches lawyers more than a sense of style, such as celebrity endorsements.
10. STANFORD LAW SCHOOL
Stanford, Calif. 3 Alums
Bert Fields regularly guest lectures here.
11. CORNELL LAW SCHOOL
Ithaca, N.Y. 2 Alums
The Ivy League school has a dedicated Sports and Entertainment law society.
12. GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Washington, D.C. 2 Alums
The oldest law school in D.C., it holds regular symposiums, like the one on intellectual property in early May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football