- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Apparel is definitely on Santa’s 2011 Naughty List.
The clothing company is infamous for their NSFW ads, so it’s not a huge shock that their new holiday ads feature topless models wearing only holiday season gloves or scarves. After all, they also did a topless swimsuit campaign back in February.
It’s been a controversial year for the apparel company what with their “Teenagers Do It Better” t-shirts, a “Full-Sized Fannies” model search and a sheer shirt dubbed “The Secretary Blouse.” Then there were the sexual harrassment lawsuits brought against the CEO Dov Charney by several ex-employees.
But do these shocking and sexist sales techniques actually boost sales of their clothing? We doubt it. If you missed some of their greatest hits, you can see all their risque ads on the American Apparel website.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day