- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – U.K. based sales outfit AV Pictures is offering buyers in Toronto Mission To Lars, a big screen project featuring Metallica.
The project, produced and directed by William Spicer and James Moore sees two siblings — Kate and William Spicer — film their attempt to fulfil their brother Tom’s dream of meeting Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.
Tom Spicer has Fragile X Syndrome, a form of autism and his unshakeable quest to meet the drummer is billed as funny and touching.
The movie opened on a limited U.K. theatrical run in June this year with selected cinemas holding charity screening events in aid of Mencap.
AV Pictures, which is also selling Toronto official selection title Jump, is to launch global sales on Lars at the Canadian festival.
AV Pictures sales and acquisitions director Caroline Couret-Delègue said: “We were all profoundly moved by Tom’s story and are proud to be representing such an uplifting real-life feature.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day