- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – First Run Features has snapped up the U.S. rights to Peter Mettler’s The End of Time after it screened this week at the Toronto International Film Festival.
“I’ve been a fan of Peter for many years, and am very pleased that we will work side by side on the release of his wondrous, thought-provoking new film,” Marc Mauceri, vp of First Run Features, said Thursday after his deal with the National Film Board of Canada, the sales agent, was unveiled.
Mettler’s meditation on perceptions of time was also picked up by Palace Films in Australia and Against Gravity in Poland.
The End of Time was produced by Cornelia Seitler, Brigitte Hofer, Ingrid Veninger and Gerry Flahive.
Earlier sales of the Canadian film were secured with Switzerland’s Look Now! and Canada’s Mongrel Media.
The End of Time bowed in competition in Locarno, where it won the Premio Qualita di Vita Prize for best environmental film.
The movie is the third in a trilogy taht began with Picture of Light, and was followed by Gambling, Gods & LSD.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day