- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Robin Nielsen, the late Leslie Nielsen’s grand-nephew, is starring in David Hicks’ buddy comedy Big Hairy Movie, now shooting in Vancouver andinterior British Columbia.
Nielsen plays a junior executive in a Toronto law firm reunited in his hometown with two old friends, played by Viv Leacock and James Wallis.
Nielsen has mostly done TV work out of Vancouver, including roles in Om Sweet Om, Fringe and Psych.
Big Hairy Movie, which is based on a story by Ian Simpson and Catherine Allen, marks his breakout movie role.
Hicks is directing the theatrical comedy from an original screenplay written by David Chiavegato and Richard Pryce-Jones.
Katharine Isabelle, Karin Konoval and Garry Chalk round out the ensemble cast for the indie, executive produced by Jeff Sackman (American Psycho) and Michael Baker.
Laurie Maxwell and Shel Piercy are producing, with Alliance Films to release the picture domestically in 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day