- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
London’s top filmmakers are to be the subject of the City to City sidebar at the Toronto Film Festival’s upcoming 40th edition.
“From Alfred Hitchcock to Steve McQueen, England has a remarkable tradition of filmmaking and the city of London is one of the premiere film centers in the world,” Toronto fest CEO Piers Handling, who will curate the program along with artistic director Cameron Bailey, said in a statement on Tuesday.
Handling and Bailey already make an annual film scouting trip to London ahead of their prestigious September event. This year’s visit will now include screening movies that feature London and the city’s emerging talent.
The City to City sidebar is now in its seventh year after earlier feting filmmakers from Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Buenos Aires, Mumbai, Athens and last year Seoul. The City to City: London lineup will be announced in August.
The Toronto Film Festival is set to run from Sept. 10 to 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day