- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Screen Australia and NZ Film marketing head Kathleen Drumm has joined the Toronto Film Festival as industry office director.
She will oversee the festival’s seven-day industry conference and informal film market for indie titles seeking distribution in the U.S. market and elsewhere. The Toronto market is dominated by U.S. players like The Weinstein Company, Sony Pictures Classics, CBS Films, Roadside Attractions and Lionsgate.
Drumm in 2014 left Screen Australia after five years with the film promotion agency, and more recently served as a sales and marketing consultant for the Australia India Film Fund.
Before Screen Australia, Drumm headed up sales and marketing at NZ Film for eight years. “Kathleen brings years of experience, a global outlook and a strong network of industry relationships to the position,” Cameron Bailey, Toronto artistic director, said Wednesday in a statement.
Drumm will report to Bailey and replaces Justin Cutler, who left the festival earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day