- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Sept. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Director: Jody Shapiro
The Skinny: The biopic of Burt Shavitz reveals how a reclusive beekeeper spawned the billion-dollar Burt’s Bees natural product line, and how he survives the pressures of a world from which he tried to hide.
Finding Vivian Maier
Directors: John Maloof, Charlie Siskel
The Skinny: A look into the life of a Chicago nanny who died in 2009, leaving behind photographs that have made her the posthumous toast of the art world. Submarine is handling U.S. sales.
Directors: Chris Jordan, Sabine Emiliani
The Skinny: A WME-repped documentary which chronicles how pollution is endangering albatross colonies on the Midway Atoll island in the South Pacific.
Directors: Lara Zizic, David Turner
The Skinny: An investigation into Pat Robertson’s Operation Blessing, charging that what was sold as a charitable effort in Africa was all about diamonds. Cinetic is the U.S. sales agent.
Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon
Director: Mike Myers
The Skinny: Myers’ directorial debut profiles the infamous manager who repped Alice Cooper and Raquel Welch. A&E IndieFilms is a partner; WME is handling U.S. sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day