- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Toronto Film Festival will honor Quantico star Priyanka Chopra at its annual soireee on Sept. 6, the day before the prestigious event kicks off with its still-to-be-revealed opening night film.
Helping kick off its 42nd edition, the stylish event at Bell Lightbox will feature Chopra in conversation with festival artistic director Cameron Bailey. She’s expected to talk about her career as a Bollywood icon, before segueing into Hollywood.
Chopra recently made her Hollywood movie debut with Baywatch, after bringing her Bollywood pics, such Mary Kom in 2014 and What’s Your Raashee? in 2009, to the Toronto festival.
Chopra joined Selma helmer Ava DuVernay and fellow actors James Franco and Ben Richardson as part of a short films jury for a TIFF competition last year.
Toronto is also honoring Chopra for her activism. When she isn’t playing Alex Parrish on ABC’s Quantico or walking award show and festival red carpets, Chopra devotes time to UNICEF as a goodwill ambassador.
Proceeds from the TIFF gala will help fund talent development programs at the Canadian festival to get more women behind and in front of the camera. The Toronto Film Festival is set to run from Sept. 7-17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day