- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The well-reviewed independent drama, based on the best-selling novel by Lisa Genova, made its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on Sept. 9 and stars Moore opposite Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart and Kate Bosworth. Maria Shriver is one of the film’s executive producers.
Moore’s performance has sparked early Oscar buzz for the actress.
Chronicling a harrowing disease that affects more than 36 million people worldwide, Still Alice stars Moore as a brilliant linguistics professor in slow decline, testing her marriage but reconnecting her with her youngest daughter. Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland directed the film for Christine Vachon‘s Killer Films and Lutzus-Brown.
Producers are Lex Lutzus, James Brown and Pamela Koffler, with Vachon executive producing alongside Marie Savare, Shriver, Emilie Georges, Nicholas Shumaker, Celine Rattray and Trudie Styler.
Sony Classics has a long history with Moore, having distributed two of her breakthrough films, Vanya on 42nd Street (1994) and Safe (1995).
CAA packaged the project and represented domestic rights.
Sept. 15, 11:35 a.m. An earlier version incorrectly stated that Sony Classics had acquired U.S. rights. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live