- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Keanu Reeves, Hong Kong director Johnnie To and Blindness executive producer Tatsumi “Tom” Yoda are to headline the Asian Film Summit at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival, organizers said Thursday.
Reeves will be in Toronto for the North American premiere of his U.S.-China co-production Man of Tai Chi.
The Asian Film Summit will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at the Shangri-La Hotel as the event, now in its second year, looks to build bridges between Asian and Western filmmakers.
The conference will also host Michael Lake, CEO of Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios, Reliance Big Pictures CEO Sanjeev Lamba and Canadian producer Shan Tam of Finding Mr. Right.
Marco Mueller, producer and the artistic director of the Rome Film Festival, will conduct an informal interview with Johnnie To about international filmmaking and global audiences.
The Toronto International Film Festival runs from Sept. 5 to 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day