- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Magnolia Pictures has promoted Peter Van Steemburg to VP, acquisitions and John Von Thaden to director, acquisitions. The two had been serving as acquisitions director and manager, respectively.
“In this occasionally unwieldy corner of the business, Peter and John truly help me sleep at night with an almost preternatural instinct for Magnolia’s unique interests backed up by stellar work ethics,” Dori Begley, SVP, acquisitions, said.
Van Steemburg joined Magnolia Pictures/Magnet Releasing in 2008. Prior to that, he held positions in international sales for Miramax Films and the film finance department at Cinetic Media. Recently at Magnolia/Magnet he participated in the negotiation of such films as The Hunter, Drinking Buddies, Europa Report, and the upcoming titles Bad Milo!, Nymphomaniac, and Alan Partridge.
Von Thaden joined Magnolia Pictures/Magnet Releasing in 2011, following industry positions in New York and Los Angeles including IFC Films and New Line Cinema.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day