- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TORONTO – His life has become a soap opera.
So it’s fitting that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, now a pop culture icon, would become the butt of a joke reference on Wednesday’s episode of General Hospital.
The ABC soap’s fictional character Nikolas Cassadine, played by Tyler Christopher, told Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud) that two more guests were expected, as “Elizabeth has agreed to come and she’s bringing a date.”
“Hmm … you don’t say. Rob Ford?” Westbourne dead-panned.
Not Toronto’s crack-smoking mayor, but “someone almost as notorious,” Cassadine replied.
The crack at Ford comes as the embattled Canadian politician, now running for re-election despite admissions of illicit drug and alcohol abuse, has gone Hollywood with a recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Ford became a global media sensation after Gawker and the Toronto Star first went public with reporting on an infamous smartphone video that allegedly showed the mayor inhaling from a glass pipe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day