- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NBC’s follow-up Heroes Reborn drama from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Netflix’s original documentary Keith Richards: Under the Influence from Oscar-winner Morgan Neville are to receive world premieres at the Toronto Film Festival next month as part of the inaugural Primetime sidebar.
As Toronto joins other film festivals in grappling with the growing appeal of network TV, cable and streaming dramas, fest organizers also announced on Thursday a world bow for the Hulu’s Jason Reitman comedy Casual, to feature the first two episodes.
There are also world premieres for Icelandic film director Baltasar Kormakur‘s Trapped, a nourish-thriller series, and Cromo, an Argentinian thriller series from directors Lucia Puenzo, Pablo Fendrik and Nicolas Puenzo. Toronto will screen three episodes from the rookie season of Cromo.
Toronto also booked an international premiere for the French supernatural drama The Returned, based on Robin Campillo‘s 2004 film Les Revenants, with the second season premiere to screen at the festival.
The 40th edition of the Toronto Film Festival is set to run from Sept. 10-20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day