- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saban Films has picked up North American rights to the action thriller Tracers, starring Taylor Lautner as a New York bicycle messenger who gets in trouble with the mob. Marie Avgeropoulos (50/50) co-stars.
Haim Saban‘s new theatrical distribution company snapped up the feature at the Toronto market, Saban Films announced in a press release early Friday morning.
Lautner plays Cam, New York’s hottest bicycle messenger, who unfortunately is in debt to an organized crime gang. A chance encounter with a sexy stranger (Avgeropoulos) leads Cam into the dangerous world of parkour, the high-risk urban sport in which players leap over obstacles and between buildings.
Tracers re-teams Lautner with Twilight producers Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill Entertainment, who produced the film alongside D. Scott Lumpkin.
Daniel Benmayor (Bruc) directed from a script by Leslie Bohem, Matt Johnson, Kevin Lund and T.J. Scott.
Saban Films President Bill Bromiley and executive Ness Saban negotiated on behalf of Saban Films and WME Global on behalf of the producers.
Saban Films launched in Cannes this year with the acquisition of Tommy Lee Jones‘ dark Western The Homesman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day