- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Salma Hayek is joining Jesse Eisenberg and Alexander Skarsgard in The Hummingbird Project, the next project from Kim Nguyen (War Witch, Two Lovers and a Bear), whose latest film Eye on Juliet will screen as a special presentation at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Written by Nguyen, The Hummingbird Project will see Eisenberg and Skarsgard play cousins who inhabit the high-stakes world of high-frequency trading and hatch a multimillion-dollar plan that involves plenty of danger if they fail. Hayek will play their nemesis, their brilliant but ruthless former boss.
The film — which was first introduced to buyers in Cannes by Hanway, which reps international sales (CAA is overseeing the U.S.) — is being produced by Pierre Even (War Witch, C.R.A.Z.Y., Brooklyn) of Item 7 in Montreal and co-produced with Belgian Belga Films, with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones (Loving) and Fred Berger (La La Land) of Automatik as executive producers.
Production is set to commence next month in Montreal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day