- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter there’s no deal at this time. Matthew Heineman is set to direct A Private War, a long-gestating drama about the late Sunday Times war correspondent Marie Colvin, to be played by Pike. The film is being produced by Basil Iwanyk and Charlize Theron via their respective Thunder Road Pictures and Denver & Delilah banners.
The script was adapted by Arash Amel and is based on a Vanity Fair article about Colvin’s dramatic life as a war correspondent. She covered every major conflict of the last three decades, including the Sri Lankan civil war, where she was severely injured and lost an eye; the Arab Spring; and finally the war in Syria, where she died in a rocket attack while reporting from Homs.
CAA packaged A Private War and is repping the film’s domestic rights.
Egerton had a big breakout role in Fox’s Kingsman: The Secret Service with Colin Firth. He is repped by CAA and United Agents in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day