- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Quick Pitch: The folks behind Taste have turned the former Fat Fish address into a sexed-up modern Mexican canteen where the margaritas boast house made syrups and the standard south-of-the-border staples are equally amped — expect duck confit tacos with sour cherry salsita and lobster enchiladas with shaved black truffle.
The Insider’s Dish: Skip the $8 valet and stow your ride at the City of West Hollywood’s new library parking garage, which is located immediately behind the restaurant a few yards down El Tovar Pl. It’s much cheaper, and features massive, eye-catching exterior murals by noted street art stars Shepard Fairey, RETNA and Kenny Scharf.
The Must-Order Item: A spicy caramelized pork chop al pastor with jalapeno potato puree and caramelized pineapple.
The Best Table: One of the two expansive booths in the rear of the front room.
The Industry Neighbors: PR giant PMK*BNC, management firm Mosaic and talent agency Abrams.
616 N. Robertson Blvd., West Hollywood, 310.657.9888, tortillarepublic.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day