- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here’s some news that would definitely lead Winnie the Pooh to exclaim, “Oh, bother.”
Lawmakers in the small town of Tuszyn, Poland, have voted to ban the honey-loving character from representing a playground due to the anthropomorphic bear’s lack of a clear gender identity and a propensity for going pants-less.
Officials at a council meeting claimed that Winnie the Pooh is of “dubious sexuality” and is “inappropriately dressed” to be around children, given that the bear is “half-naked,” according to the Croatian Times.
“The problem with that bear is it doesn’t have a complete wardrobe,” said council person Ryszard Cichy, 46. “It is half-naked, which is wholly inappropriate for children.”
Another official said that Pooh Bear “doesn’t wear underpants because it doesn’t have a sex. It’s a hermaphrodite.”
Council person Hanna Jachimska criticized Winnie-the-Pooh author A.A. Milne for having “cut his [Pooh’s] testicles off with a razor blade because he had a problem with his identity.”
It had not been decided which character would instead represent the playground.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day