- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Walter White is no match for one concerned parent.
The toy line for the AMC drama, which starred Bryan Cranston as a chemistry teacher who resorts to cooking meth, has been pulled from shelves, effective immediately. The line included figurines of characters Walter and Jesse Pinkman, with Walter’s likeness including a tiny tray of crystal meth.
“Let’s just say, the action figures have taken an ‘indefinite sabbatical,’ ” a Toys “R” Us rep said in a statement.
Anyone pleased by this news has Florida mom Susan Schrivjer to thank. Schriver recently launched a Change.org petition to get Toys “R” Us to stop selling the toys, given the show’s drug-centric theme.
The petition gained more than 8,000 signatures, which is about 0.08 percent of the 10.3 million people who watched the series’ September 2013 finale.
Cranston himself had a cheeky response to the petition. “I’m so mad, I’m burning my Florida Mom action figure in protest,” he tweeted Monday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day