- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tracy Morgan, sidelined by a serious car accident in June 2014, is gearing up to get back to work.
The comedian, who received a standing ovation at Sunday night’s Emmy Awards when he made a surprise public appearance, is in talks to join Ice Cube and Charlie Day in Fist Fight, New Line’s school-themed comedy.
The script, written by Evan Susser and Van Robichaux, tells of two teachers (Cube and Day) who work in a broken-down school system and wind up in an epic fist fight.
Workaholics star Jillian Bell and Breaking Bad’s Dean Norris are already on board the movie, which is being directed by Richie Keen.
If a deal is completed, Morgan will play the school’s coach.
Morgan, who played a breakout character on NBC’s 30 Rock, appeared opposite Chris Rock in Rock’s movie Top Five. He was severely injured when a limo he was in was struck by an 18-wheeler on a New Jersey highway on June 7, 2014.
Fist Fight would the first foray back into acting since the accident for Morgan, who is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day