- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tracy Morgan is continuing his comeback.
The 46-year-old 30 Rock alum, who is returning to Rockefeller Center’s Studio 8H this weekend to host Saturday Night Live, tweeted Monday that he had just performed his first stand-up routine since the June 2014 limo accident that left him seriously injured and claimed the life of his friend, comedian James “Jimmy Mack” McNair. Morgan and McNair were both passengers in the limo that collided with a Walmart truck.
“My first time on stage in 16 Months at the #ComedyCellar!” Morgan wrote. “Picking up the pieces!”
Morgan made a surprise appearance at last month’s Emmy Awards, giving an emotional speech about his recovery, and has been making notable career moves of late, including teaming with Ice Cube and Charlie Day in New Line’s comedy Fist Fight.
Morgan marks his second time as SNL host this Saturday, joined by music guest Demi Lovato. Morgan rose to fame during eight seasons as a castmember on NBC’s venerable sketch comedy show.
Morgan’s tweet can be seen below.
— Tracy Morgan (@RealTracyMorgan) October 13, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day