- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Not only is this the best film in Busan, this is the best film of the year,” Quentin Tarantino said of Big Bad Wolves at the 2013 Busan International Film Festival. Not a bad superlative to toss on a DVD cover, especially when the Israeli thriller looks cut from the Tarantino cloth. The first trailer looks violent, twisted and just the right amount of cheeky.
The revenge tale follows a detective, Miki (Lior Ashkenazi), as he tracks down suspected child killer Dror (Rotem Keinan), a religious studies teacher arrested and released by the police after a management blunder. Going full vigilante, the cop teams up with the most recently murder boy’s father to lay down justice … outside of the law.
Big Bad Wolves premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. In its review, THR called it “mesmerizing from start to finish, including a haunting final image that you’ll find impossible to forget.”
Magnolia Pictures will release Big Bad Wolves OnDemand and in theaters Jan. 17, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day