- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal 1440 Entertainment’s Chucky scared up 7.5 million views in its first week. The movie continues the tale of the iconic killer doll and gets a straight-to-DVD release on Oct. 8.
Other newcomers included the teaser for DreamWorks’ How To Train Your Dragon 2, which came in at No. 3, recording 4.2 million views. SyFy’s social media sensation Sharknado came in at No. 5, chomping down 2.9 million views. SyFy announced Thursday that the shark attack film — which made a huge splash on Twitter during its premiere last week – is getting a sequel set in New York.
Holdover Fast & Furious 6 came in No. 4, with the Vin Diesel–Paul Walker car flick recording 3.2 million views for its preview, half a million more than it scored last week. The Universal film has earned more than $700 million worldwide. Legendary’s Pacific Rim jumped from No. 10 last week to No. 7 this week with 1.7 million views.
Could this signify good news for the Guillermo del Toro film, which opened to a soft $38.3 million last weekend, but received a glowing A- CinemaScore and strong reviews?
See the week’s complete rankings below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day