- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal’s continuing animated story about a super villain (voiced by Steve Carell) who adopts three girls, the sequel to 2010’s original, recorded 7.6 million views, more than doubling the No. 2 finisher, Fast & Furious 6.
The Vin Diesel–Paul Walker car epic recorded 2.6 million views for its preview. The movie, which opened in the U.S. on May 24 and has grossed $695 million worldwide, is continuing to roll out to new foreign territories.
No. 3 finisher Man of Steel recorded 1.3 million views, half as much as the one ahead of it on the list.
The next six slots are all head by fall releases, except for World War Z in the No. 7 spot.
Interest in Thor: The Dark World (32 million lifetime views) and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (36 million lifetime) remains strong.
Pacific Rim, the monster movie from Mexican filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, which opens July 12, was the only new film to enter the list, coming it at No. 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day