- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One Direction: This Is Us arrives in theaters on Aug. 30.
In advance of its July 3 opening, the third trailer for Despicable Me 2 jumped to the second spot from No. 10 the previous week, recording 4.3 million views.
Trailer views for Despicable 2 correlate strongly with early box-office tracking for the movie, which is predicted to take in about $110 million over the long holiday weekend.
Analysts have speculated on why the movie seems to be failing to connect with audiences.
Fast & Furious 6‘s first trailer was the third-most-viewed preview of the week, jumping from the seventh spot the week prior.
The Paul Walker/Vin Diesel car heist movie’s promo garnered 3 million more views, lifting its lifetime total to 115 million views since debuting online Feb. 5.
The movie, which has grossed $682 million worldwide to date, rolls out in China and Japan later this month.
Man of Steel also saw a jump in advance of a wider international rollout, recording 1.9 million views to rise from the eighth-most-watched trailer to fifth place on the list.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day