- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The second trailer for Ben Stiller’s The Secret Life of Walter Mitty opened in the top spot in the ranking of YouTube trailer viewings as compiled by Internet monitoring service Zefr.
The movie got a positive response from filmgoers at the New York Film Festival but critics were divided about it.
The new trailer for the Christmas Day release debuted with 1.3 million views.
Following close behind was last week’s No. 1–the debut trailer for ‘I, Frankenstein’–which notched 1.2 million views (3.5 million total) to hold on to second place.
The Aaron Eckhart-starrer reimaginging the classic horror novel by Mary Shelley opens Jan. 24, 2014.
300: Rise on Empire (trailer No. 1) held the Bronze spot for the second week. The sequel to 2007’s 300 garnered 1.09 million views to reach a lifetime total of 31.4 million. The movie is slated for spring 2014 release.
Rounding out the top five were the two trailers for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, which recorded 705,335 and 678,074 views respectively. The Hobbit sequel arrives in theaters on Dec. 13.
Reappearing in the top ten this week were Hunger Games: Catching Fire (trailer No. 1) which jumped to eighth from eleventh, 47 Ronin moving from seventeenth to ninth and Thor: The Dark World jumping from fifteenth to tenth.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day