- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first Trainspotting 2 international trailer previews the hotly anticipated onscreen reunion of Ewan McGregor, Johnny Lee Miller, Robert Carlyle and Ewen Bremner.
“Choose life,” narrates McGregor, in signature Trainspotting fashion. But they’ve been updated for the digital age. “Choose Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and hope that someone, somewhere cares. Choose looking up old flames and wishing you’d done it differently. And choose watching history repeat itself.”
Officially titled T2: Trainspotting, Danny Boyle’s sequel checks in on former heroin addict Mark “Rent” Renton (McGregor) after 20 years as he reconnects with his former drug pals: Spud, Sick Boy and Begbie. The movie will borrow elements from author Irvine Welsh’s follow-up book, Porno, which is set 10 years after the original, but will, according to Boyle, be its “own thing.”
Trainspotting‘s John Hodge returned to pen the follow-up. Producing the new movie will be Andrew Macdonald, Boyle, Christian Colson and Bernie Bellew through Figment Films, Decibel Films and Cloud Eight Films. Film4 is also involved.
T2: Trainspotting hits limited theaters on March 3 before going wide on March 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day