- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Most Uber drivers have a knack for avoiding traffic, but are they also experts at interplanetary warfare? One of them definitely is, as Transformers: Age of Extinction hero Optimus Prime spent a day transporting startled L.A. residents. Apparently, even robotic aliens can use a fallback career.
In the Break.com prank video, three Transformers fans requested a ride from car service Uber, and all were taken aback when Optimus himself pulled up to the curb to give them a lift. During the drive, Optimus chatted to the passengers and proved to be surprisingly adept at small talk. Judging from the video, Optimus appears to be a big fan of pizza. (Autobots: They’re just like us.)
So how did the video come together? Andy Signore, programming vp at Break.com parent company Defy Media, told The Hollywood Reporter that Paramount reached out to Break, given the site’s reputation for successful prank videos. Signore said that Optimus’ voice was projected through speakers to the passengers, although some of the sound was later edited.
Transformers: Age of Extinction, the fourth film in the Michael Bay-directed franchise, hits theaters June 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day