- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sarah Gubbins will pen the coming-of-age film with Soloway, with Andrea Sperling and Robin Ruzan producing. Ten Aker Wood portrays a young woman in a crumbling marriage who flees Los Angeles for a pot farm in northern California, only to fall in love with a biker, his old lady and their outlaw lifestyle.
The film deal follows the entertainment arm of Amazon signing an overall deal with Soloway to develop television projects exclusively for its Prime Instant Video streaming service.
In a further show of support for the Six Feet Under veteran, Amazon signed an exclusive deal with Soloway’s newly created production company. As part of that arrangement, Amazon produces projects from Soloway as well as from other writers.
The company will be run by Soloway and Sperling. Soloway, who also wrote and directed Afternoon Delight, based Transparent on her own experience with a transgender parent.
The half-hour show premiered to Amazon Prime subscribers in 2014. The Ten Aker Wood project was first reported by Variety.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day