- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Season four of Jill Soloway’s Transparent is scheduled to debut later this year, but star Jay Duplass is giving THR a hint of what viewers can expect for Josh Pfefferman. “I’m wearing a fat suit this year,” says Duplass, the weight gain being the result of Josh “going through some shit.” Producers opted to have him wear a suit rather than actually put on the pounds.
“We realized very quickly that I can’t get fat and skinny per episode because there’s not a lot of shooting in order,” he says. The past three seasons have seen Josh go through drug use, a muddied music career, a broken engagement, a miscarriage and a long-lost son, but Duplass insists that it will not be all heavy: “It’s fun and funny [wearing it].”
This story first appeared in the May 24 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day