- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Police began a search for the car of Treme actor Michael Showers on Thursday, after the 44-year-old’s body was found in the Mississippi River.
On Friday, the Orleans Parish coroner’s office revealed that Showers died of drowning, possibly two days before his body was found, notes New Orleans’ Times-Picayune newspaper..
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Notable Deaths
The actor lived in Chalmette with his girlfriend, who reported him missing on Tuesday when he failed to return from the French Quarter after a night out with a friend, according the AP. The woman also told police that Showers was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and suffered from severe depression.
STORY: ‘Treme,’ ‘Breaking Bad’ Actor Star Found Dead in Mississippi River
Shower’s body was discovered on Wednesday morning by the captain of the Natchez riverboat around 11:15 a.m.
He played a police Capt. John Guidry on the HBO series, and previous credits include The Vampire Diaries, Traffic and the upcoming film Columbiana.
Toxicolgy tests for drubs and alcohol will be revealed at a later date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day