- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Lawrence’s Like Father has rounded out its cast.
The Fox comedy has tapped Scooby-Doo!’s Robbie Amell to co-star in the pilot, loosely inspired by the Cougar Town co-creator’s relationship with his own father.
The single-camera project, which will be written, directed and executive produced by Lawrence, revolves around 19-year-old Will Lyons (Amell) who comes of age in the shadow of his 39-year-old father, Van (Colin Ferguson) as his dad infiltrates his college life and influences his friends.
“Finish casting my pilot. Now to screwing it up,” Lawrence tweeted the news to his 37,000-plus followers Monday.
Amell and Ferguson will be joined by the Warner Bros. TV project’s previously cast Kevin Michael Martin, Phil Lewis and Erin Daniels.
Amell, who has guested on Revenge and Alcatraz this season, is repped by ICM, Protege Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Congressman Adam Schiff on Trump’s GOP Grip, Looming WGA Strike and His All-Time Favorite Show
Singer Kane Brown on His First Acting Gig on ‘Fire Country’: “The Perfect Start of My Acting Career” (Exclusive Video)
GLAAD Media Awards: Stars Denounce Attacks on LGBTQ+ Community as Bad Bunny, Christina Aguilera Accept Honors