- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The stars of the upcoming Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez on Me were on hand Sunday at the MTV Movie & TV Awards to introduce an exclusive clip from the film.
The movie chronicles the rapper’s rise to superstardom as a hip-hop artist, actor, poet and activist, as well as his imprisonment and controversial time at Death Row Records. Newcomer Demetrius Shipp Jr. plays Shakur, who was killed Sept. 13, 1996, in Las Vegas at age 25.
In the clip that debuted Sunday, Shakur shows his soft side by reading a poem he wrote. Watch it below.
— MTV (@MTV) May 7, 2017
Benny Boom directed the film, which also stars Danai Gurira, Kat Graham, Dominic Santana, Jamal Woolard, Keith Robinson, Lauren Cohan and Hill Harper.
Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment is set to release the movie June 16, on what would have been Shakur’s 46th birthday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day