- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TV Guide Network has named David Mandell executive vice president and general counsel, effective immediately. Most recently Mandell has been the top legal exec at Mandalay Digital Group.
“David is a best-in-class legal advisor who brings a wealth of experience in negotiating content production, acquisition and distribution matters,” said TVGN president of operations Dennis Miller, to whom Mandell will report. “He will play a critical role at TVGN as we continue building the network with new original programming and expanding our distribution footprint in full-screen and HD.”
TVGN, now a partnership between CBS and Lionsgate, has been making a push into more original programming since the change of ownership earlier in 2013.
Mandell will be based out of the Los Angeles office, overseeing all business and legal affairs. In addition to his work at Mandalay Digital Group, he previously served as the top legal executive at Gemstar-TV Guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day