- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TV Land has acquired broadcast rights to The Dick Van Dyke Show.
The television classic will premiere on the cable network on Oct. 3, the same date that the 50-year-old sitcom launched on CBS in 1961.
TV Land will air 36 episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show from Oct. 3-7, from 6 to 9 p.m. ET/PT. Additionally, it will air the episodes in a marathon during the weekend of Oct. 8 and 9 from 12 to 9 p.m. ET/PT. The comedy will subsequently air in its regular time slot weekdays at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
“We are absolutely thrilled to have The Dick Van Dyke Show back in our lineup,” said Jaclyn R. Cohen, executive vice president of programming and acquisitions. “From Carl Reiner’s creation of the incomparable Dick Van Dyke show to his recurring guest star role in TV Land’s own original sitcom Hot in Cleveland, TV Land is dedicated to showing the best in sitcoms throughout the decades. The Petries were a mainstay of the network for quite some time so we’re so glad to welcome them home.”
The comedy aired on CBS for five seasons, from 1961 to 1966.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football