- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TV Land has granted Fran Drescher‘s Happily Divorced a second season.
The sitcom, inspired by Drescher’s own life, will return with 12 more episodes likely in spring 2012. The former Nanny star, who co-wrote and stars in the show, announced the news on Facebook.
The series is part of TV Land’s recent attempt to move into the originals space with such shows as Divorced and Betty White‘s Hot in Cleveland. The Drescher vehicle, which also stars John Michael Higgins (Best in Show), Tichina Arnold (Everybody Hates Chris) and Rita Moreno (OZ), averaged more than 2.2 million viewers and 1.3 among the key women 25 to 54 demo, according to Nielsen.
“We are thrilled that our viewers have embraced Happily Divorced just like they did with Hot in Cleveland,” TV Land president Larry W. Jones said. The show centers on a Los Angeles florist (Drescher) whose 18-year marriage crumbles when her husband announces he’s gay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day