- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Congrats are in order for Tyra Banks, 42, and her boyfriend, photographer Erik Asla, who welcomed a baby boy named York Banks Asla via surrogate.
The new mom shared the news via Instagram on Wednesday, posting a photo of a newborn’s hat. “The best present we worked and prayed so hard for is finally here,” she wrote in the caption. “He’s got my fingers and big eyes and his daddy Erik’s mouth and chin. As we thank the angel of a woman that carried our miracle baby boy for us, we pray for everyone who struggles to reach this joyous milestone. York Banks Asla, welcome to the world.”
See more Paris Couture Week’s Front Row
Banks has publicly shared her struggle with infertility in the past, speaking out on her now-canceled TV show, The FAB Life. “You have no idea what people are going through,” she told the audience after noting how frustrated she felt when fans repeatedly asked why the host didn’t have children.
In other Tyra news, the new mom also confirmed via social media that a sequel to Life-Size, the 2000 Disney Channel movie in which she starred alongside Lindsay Lohan, is in the works. Looks like 2016 is shaping up to be a great year for Banks and Eve fans alike.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day