- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following a years-long dispute over the plans, the commission announced on its website that it is permitting the Irish musician, whose real name is David Evans, to move forward with developing the homes and an access road on Sweetwater Mesa in the Santa Monica mountains. The Los Angeles Times first reported the news.
The agreement involves a compromise, as the area of development will be smaller than Evans initially wanted, and he will have to make other concessions based on ecological preservation.
Evans had tried to obtain permits for the homes back in 2006, with the housing-development plans getting rejected in 2011. The commission initially expressed concerns that the construction of five mansions would disturb the environment and mar an undeveloped portion of the coastline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live