- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
To any industryites left with helicopter envy thanks to their high-flying Hamptons pals, Uber is launching a Labor Day weekend promotion serving the Westside skies.
According to a blog post on the company’s website, Uber has partnered with Orbic Air for a one-day event on Aug. 31 that will offer the car service’s users the chance to book a 45-minute helicopter ride that includes a tour of the L.A. cityscape and coastline as well as a “unique safari tour of the Malibu Wines property featuring a wine and cheese tasting, safari ride, and the opportunity to feed safari animals.”
The excursion is designed for three riders at a total cost of $1,500 and includes a car to and from the pickup location.
An Uber rep confirmed the package, which is the first time the company has offered a helicopter service in Los Angeles. Uber has previously offered uberCHOPPER charters in the Hamptons (in partnership with the Blade helicopter service), India and Coachella.
Reservations for the Sunday service are on an on-demand basis, and according to the blog post, “demand will be high” and “availability will be limited.” And blame it on the wine: Customers must be 21 years of age or older to ride.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day