- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christopher Nolan’s space epic Interstellar rocketed to the top spot at the U.K. box office in its opening weekend, earning almost as much as the rest of the top 10 films combined and marking the director’s fourth consecutive and fifth overall U.K. number one.
According to data from Rentrak, Interstellar took home $8.52 million, easily beating the $1.6 million-earning brush strokes of Mr Turner. Mike Leigh’s historical biopic experienced something of a surge in its second week, rising five spaces and leapfrogging over films like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gone Girl, Fury, Ouja and The Book of Life.
Meanwhile, Turtles slumped to third with $1.2 million while Gone Girl clung onto fourth, an additional $1.1 million taking its overall U.K. earnings to $32.7 million after six weeks.
Watch THR‘s interview with Christopher Nolan and the cast of Interstellar below:
See more videos by subscribing to THR’s YouTube Page!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day