- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – U.K.-based sales and finance banner Intandem is tasked with raising financing for Danny DeVito’s The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.
Producers said the role of Charlotte Doyle is currently being cast.
“I’m delighted that Morgan Freeman and Pierce Brosnan have remained committed to play the two lead adult characters,” DeVito said. “I’m looking forward to casting Charlotte in what is an amazing role for a teenage actress.”
The book details the story of Charlotte Doyle, the young daughter of an aristocrat who has lived a very sheltered life, who sets out from Liverpool on a trans-Atlantic journey to her new home in America.
She finds herself the only passenger – and the only girl – on the Seahawk, a majestic ship under the command of Captain Jaggery and the tale is billed as a story of intrigue on the open sea.
The film will be produced by DeVito, Lori McCreary for Revelations Entertainment, Michele Weisler for Clear Black Films and Beau St.Clair for Irish DreamTime in association with Subotica Films.
It is set to start shooting in Ireland in 2012.
Intandem Films will handle international sales and will also be working together with the producers in closing the financing for the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day