- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — U.K. production company Dragonfly Film and Television has hired indie high-flier Tamara Abood to head up its factual entertainment division.
Abood joins Dragonfly in October from U.K TV banner TwoFour Entertainment where she was head of Factual.
In her new role Abood will report to creative director Simon Dickson tasked with building the indie’s growing slate.
Dragonfly managing director Sanjay Singhal described Abood as “a big-hitting program maker.”Added Singhai: “She has solid journalistic credibility and a fantastic instinct for attention grabbing television.”
Abood’s resume at TwoFour boasts forthcoming BBC3 Series Be Your Own Boss.
She has also served at Channel 4 in various roles including commissioning editor in features and news and current affairs.
Other program credits include Bad Lads Army for ITV2, Emmy – award winning Brat Camp and BAFTA-nominated That’ll Teach ‘Em.
Dragonfly’s credits include the BAFTA-award winning One Born Every Minute (Channel 4/Lifetime/TF1), The Family (Channel 4), Young, Rich and House Hunting (BBC3), The Hotel (Channel 4) World’s Toughest Truckers (Channel 5/Discovery) and Bear Grylls: Wild Weekends.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day