- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
LONDON — CBS Corp.’s CBS Studios International said Wednesday that Channel 5 has acquired exclusive broadcast rights for upcoming drama Under the Dome in the U.K.
The drama, which is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, is based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel of the same name. It will air on Channel 5 in the fall.
Financial details weren’t disclosed.
“Under the Dome is a very unique and highly anticipated summer television event in the U.S.,” said Armando Nunez, president and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We’re excited to be working with Channel 5 to bring this high-quality CBS production to U.K. audiences.”
“We are thrilled to be bringing this unmissable drama event to our viewers later this year,” said Katie Keenan, head of acquisitions at Channel 5. “Stephen King, the master of mystery and suspense, transports the viewer into a world of intrigue, drama and action.”
Under the Dome is about a small town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The book was first published by Scribner, an imprint of CBS Corp.’s Simon & Schuster, in 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day