- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British digital visual effects company Cinesite is getting into the CG feature animation business.
The London-based firm is opening a feature animation division in Montreal with a deal to make family animated films for 3QU Media, newly launched by Shrek franchise producer John Williams, as its first gig.
Williams recently pacted with Henry Skelsy, managing partner of Fulton Capital Management LLC, to launch 3QU Media. The first movie from Cinesite’s animated feature slate is Charming, a comedy produced by Williams and directed by Ross Venokur (Animal Crackerz).
Read more ‘Shrek’ Attraction Coming to London
Charming finds the iconic princesses Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty all engaged to the same Prince Charming. “We believe Charming can be a big commercial success, and we hope this will be the beginning of a longtime feature animation association between 3QU and Cinesite’s super talented artists, technicians, and production team,” Williams said in a statement on Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day