- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt star Tituss Burgess created an Internet sensation on par with “Peeno Noir” when he posted a video to Instagram of himself, Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski lip-syncing to Beyonce‘s “***Flawless” on a private jet.
On Thursday’s Late Night With Seth Meyers, Burgess revealed how the viral clip came about, explaining that the three of them were flying out of Burbank on a private jet, likely after their panel at this summer’s TCA.
After lunch, when Fey finished writing, the three of them started watching Beyonce videos.
“As you do when you’re on a private jet,” Burgess said.
Burgess was impressed that Fey knew all the words: “I’m like, ‘How do you have time to do it?’ And Tina’s like, ‘I’m always at the gym or whatever, and I just memorize songs.’ ”
And he wanted to record a video for social media, explaining that Fey told him she’s not on Twitter because she doesn’t want to “give [her] jokes away for free.”
“They got all dolled up and we did a little video,” Burgess explained, adding of the video that’s been liked more than 11,000 times, “I didn’t expect it to become so popular.”
Watch Burgess’ Late Night appearance below, followed by the original Instagram video.
I love @beyonce #nofilter #jetlife #unbreakle #netflix #janegetontwitter #tinaiknowyouwon’t #peenonoir
A video posted by Tituss Burgess (@titusssawthis) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day