- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Former New Line Cinema co-CEO Michael Lynne has joined the Imax boardroom.
The giant screen exhibitor in an 8K SEC filing made public Tuesday said the Unique Features principal was voted in as a director on July 24.
“The company believes that Mr. Lynne’s experience as a senior executive of a number of entertainment and film production companies, as well as his extensive board experience, will bring valuable industry insight and expertise to the board’s deliberations in these areas,” the SEC filing stated.
Lynne and Bob Shaye co-founded Unique Features after losing the reins at New Line in 2008.
While at New Line, Lynne executive produced a number of box office performers like The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Lynne and Shaye are also executive producing The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which arrives in Imax theaters in North America on August 21.
He will serve as an independent director on the Imax board, and be paid $50,000 annually for his services.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day