- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures has put two films on its calendar for 2016.
First up is an undisclosed R-rated comedy, which will hit theaters Friday, May 13, 2016. The studio wouldn’t release any details about the project, but an insider says it has never been announced.
Then, in time for the Halloween season, the studio will release Monster High on Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
Monster High centers on the teenage spawn of some of history’s most legendary monsters, who attend a super-secret academy and go through every day — and night — trying to find their real identities while figuring out what to do with their secret ones.
Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Hairspray, Chicago) will produce via their Storyline Entertainment banner, and Schwartz and Savage will produce for Fake Empire.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day